March 26, 2006

Baby Shower!

What: My Baby Shower! Planned by Mom, Kira, Tara & Brooke, who did a GREAT job.

Where: Tara's house. Really cute animal decorations and awesome food... Brooke made her famous Guacamole & a really delicious red velvet cake (the leftovers are in my kitchen right now), and lots of other yummy treats.

Who: Tara, Brooke, Mom & Kira of course. Also Kelly & Mackenna, Brie, Molly, Jen, Lori, Deanna, and Melinda.

It was really, really great. We had food, played some fun games, and hung out. Jen brought her camera and took pictures, which was really great - I posted a few in the photo album, so check them out. We also had my new video camera, and Mom took some video of the shower. I just love all the girls, and every time I get a chance to spend time with them it's great. Of course, it doesn't hurt if it's a party for me!

We got lots of good stuff, and I am feeling less like we don't have ANYTHING ready for the baby. Kira helped bring everything home yesterday, and we stopped on the way and picked up the crib from Brooke & Dave's house. They're still using the matress, but we have the frame now. We also have almost all of the big stuff - we've ordered the dresser and are just waiting for it to come in, we have the stroller & infant seat, the crib, the infant to toddler car seat, the swing that we wanted, the baby bathtub, diaper bag, and Snugli carrier. I looked at our registry and I think that next week after I'm done from work, I'll take a shopping trip to Babies R Us.

It's the first time in a while that I've actually felt excited about going there to buy baby stuff - even though I think this week is goign to be hard at work (busy), I know I only have 5 days left and I can't wait! I think I'm actually accepting the fact that whatever gets done before I leave gets done, and the stuff that doesn't just doesn't and there isn't anything I can do about it. I've been so tired and busy for the last 2 months that I think April is going to be even more welcome. I'm looking forward to finishing getting everything ready, relaxing while I can, and just getting ready for Sam.

I've also been working on our budget and our credit cards and stuff, and am feeling good about all of it. Today I feel rested, relaxed, and for the first day in a while, I feel good about everything that's going on. Maybe instead of thinking about the fact that tomorrow is Monday (which I always do on Sundays), I'll think about the fact that tomorrow is my LAST Monday working! Yay!!

Well, I think I'll go get ready to go out, Brooke and I are going to see "Inside Man" and she's picking me up in half an hour.

No comments: