March 7, 2006

8 More Weeks?

I had my 32 week doctor appointment today. That's right, I said THIRTY TWO weeks. Only eight more weeks. That's less than 2 months. Holy cow. I can't believe how fast time has gone by. Everything's still good. I didn't really gain more weight - 1/2 a pound maybe, but the baby's definitely growing. My stomach's measuring 32 weeks, and the baby's heartrate is still 150 just like always. I feel him moving all the time now, and it's great. Now I feel kicks and stuff sometimes, but also when he shifts I sometimes feel big sweeping motions.

I am so excited. I can't believe in only 8 weeks there's going to be a little baby in my arms. I didn't know if I would enjoy pregnancy that much after the first five months were so rough. But I'm definitely in a place now where everything is good. I'm not sick, but I'm not uncomfortable yet. I'm just enjoying it. I guess this is the part where you think, hey, I definitely won't mind being pregnant again someday, because you forget the yucky stuff. I'm just happy.

We start our baby class next week. It's four weeks long, Monday nights from 7 - 9. I suspect that after we start the class I'll actually have some questions for my doctor at my appointments since I really haven't up to this point. I think I'm a pretty easy patient. I feel pretty confident. I have the usual nervousness and fear, but I think that being around my friend's kids as they're growing up and especially being around Seamus and Lorelai pretty much since they were born has made me a lot less worried about being able to handle taking care of a baby. I still feel like I have a lot to do, but work has been so hectic, especially the last two days, that I can't get anything done at home. Mom is coming down next weekend and she said she'll help me with some stuff around the house.

I still have 3 weeks of work left after this week. I didn't realize how hard it would be. I don't feel like being at work anymore already... I have no idea how people can work up to their due dates. All I want to do is relax and get ready. I've been so tired during the week - when I leave work I'm just drained. In a way my job has gotten a lot more stressful in the last two weeks because while I filled both of the positions to replace me, I now have to come up with training plans for two different people at once and find time to write an HR Manual before I go. It's just a lot on my plate, but I'm not willing to work more than 8 hour days at this point either. So, we'll see how the next couple of weeks go.

No comments: