November 3, 2005

The Good & The Bad

The Bad:

Why is it that every time I think I am really getting better, I start feeling yucky in some way or another? Last week I started eating more... but since then I have reverted to nothing sounding appealing to me. Sometimes I get hungry, but when I do, it's so hard to decide what to eat that doesn't sound like it will make me sick. Now in the last couple of days I feel sick again. It's different now... like, before I mostly just felt nauseous, but didn't usually feel like I might have to run to the bathroom and hurl at any moment. Well, that's sort of what I feel like now. It's all so frustrating, because I know I need to eat, I feel sick if I don't eat enough, but then I feel sick if I do eat. Argh.... I just want this to get better. I'm in week 14 now, so hopefully it will go away soon....

The Good:

Firstly, we are getting a new bed this weekend! We already picked it out, it's getting delivered to our apartment on Saturday. It's a king sized bed. I will admit to the embarrassing fact that our current matress was one of those cheap-o Sleep Country $99 specials, and we have been sleeping on it for five years. As soon as we went to check out new ones, we realized how crappy ours is. I am SO excited! We went last night and bought two sets of sheets (jersey... soft), and a 'bed in a bag' that came with some sheets, a comforter, dust ruffle etc. Shockingly, they are all some incarnation of blue. It is going to be tight in our bedroom with the bigger bed and the baby stuff, but it is also worth it to have a bed that isn't so crowded and allows us to sleep better. This is our Christmas gift from Justin's Mom & her husband, who hopefully realize that it's more than just a bed... it's the gift of me being able to sleep better now and get more rest so I feel better, and of having a comfortable place to sleep when we are getting much less after the baby comes. It will make those short stints of sleep much more valuable! It will also make us much more comfortable in a few years when little Abby or Sam has a bad dream and comes to our room in the middle of the night. That would be quite a squeeze on our current bed!

Secondly, other than feeling sick things are going well. Work is good... we are about to reach our target of 400 groups attending our workshops for the year. As of about 30 minutes ago, we are at 399!!! It will be the first time that Raising More Money has ever actually reached this particular target, and everyone is very excited about it! I've gotten 4 out of the 5 open positions filled in the last month, and the people who have already started are doing well.

Neither Good or Bad, but kind of funny:

Here is a list of a few of the things that have made me tear up and/or cry in the last couple of weeks: Listening to Laurie talk about a person in the seminar she took last weekend who, at 87 years old, is giving up the action of "It has to be my way"; listening to Laurie talk about the pictures she took of her friend with her newborn baby in the hospital at the moment she said hello; a story on the news about these little 6 year olds somewhere who were doing a skit of the Rosa Parks story and acting the whole thing out - they were SO cute; Toby confessing and the president being mean to him on The West Wing; getting home from a party where I saw a bunch of old friends from Borders who I don't see very often... I am sure there is more but I don't know what right now.

By the way, in the time I've spent writing this blog I have gone from almost throwing up to feeling normal. Crazy baby!

No comments: