November 15, 2005

Back From the Doctor Happy

We got to hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time today! We just got home from our monthly doctor appointment, and it was great. The doctor found the heartbeat pretty quickly, and let us listen to it, it's about 150 bpm now. He also said he heard the baby moving around. I got all choked up- I know that anyone who's a mom will understand when I say how much I love this kid even though it's only four and a half inches long (or the size of an avacado. Pregnancy websites are obsessed with fruit references to describe size). I'm kind of surprised I didn't just burst into tears with the way things have been lately!

When we left, we scheduled our next appointment and our BIG ultrasound for Tuesday, December 13. Unless the baby is mean and doesn't cooperate we should be able to find out if it's a little boy or a girl!!! I am so excited, everyone send me vibes so that the next four weeks fly by, ok? They also told us to bring a VHS tape and they can record the ultrasound, so other people can see the little bean too!

I also confirmed on the accurate scale at the doctor that I've lost 24 pounds since I found out I was pregnant. The good news is that I am 16 weeks today and FINALLY starting to feel better (I think - knock on wood). So, I'm sure that the weight loss will stabilize or reverse soon.

That's the news for today! I have to go eat now...

No comments: