November 20, 2005

Baby Questionaire

Someone posted a kind of pregnancy questionnaire on the website that I go to on WebMD, and I liked some of the questions, so decided to post it here. Maybe I'll fill it out again when I'm almost due & see what the answers are then!

Nicest comment received while pregnant? Probably that I'm going to be a good Mom. I hope they're right! To be fair though, ALL of the comments I've gotten have been nice, and my family has been great.
Rudest comment received while pregnant? Hmm... I don't think anyone has really said anything rude to me (yet).
First reaction when you found out you were pregnant? Definitely disbelief. We had been trying to get pregnant for almost 2 years, and I couldn't believe that the test was actually positive! I really didn't believe it was true until my 2nd blood test came back from the doctor.
How did you tell your significant other? I went into the bedroom with the positive test and just kind of shoved it in his face.
What was your significant other's reaction? Confusion at first (I DID wake him up!), then happiness.
A guilty pleasure since being pregnant? Allowing myself to be late for work when I'm not feeling that well. And letting some things like e-mail responses and household chores fall behind so I can sit on the couch & relax after work.
What is your fav thing about being pregnant? Just being pregnant, and knowing that in only five months I'm going to be holding my little baby in my arms! Also, I love people's reactions when I tell them that I'm pregnant. It's fun!
What is your least fav thing about being pregnant? Not being able to enjoy food, and feeling sick a lot of the time. Luckily that is starting to get better.
Any names picked out yet? Yup. Abigail Edith for a girl, and Samuel Den for a boy. We even have a second girl name picked out in case we had 2 girls, Samantha Rose.
Nursery theme, if you have one picked out. Ha! This baby isn’t even getting a nursery! We have a one bedroom condo, so the crib will be in our room. We did go with a light gren sort of colored animal theme for the bedding etc we picked out though (gender neutral).
What will be the first thing you say to baby? I think I wil probably be speechless, and most likely will cry when I meet the baby. I have no idea what my first words will be!
Fav children's book? 'The Rainbow Goblins' and Chris Van Allsburg Books.
This pregnancy: planned or surprise? Planned! We are very excited to be starting our family!
Pre-pregnancy life: wild child or tame? Pretty tame. I guess I am old for my age.
Any cravings? If yes, what are they? When I first got pregnant I was craving meat, pepperoni and things. Now, I haven't been feeling well and haven't been eating much. I'm just starting to eat more, so we'll see if cravings kick in!
Which TV mom will you be most like? I hope that I will be like Lorelai Gilmore. Only talk slower and a little less.
SAHM or back to work after the baby? Stay at Home! I am very excited that we've found a way to make it work out. I'll be home as long as I can, we'll see what happens in the future.
During labor: all natural or bring on the drugs? I have wanted to have an all natural labor, but I am also a bit scared, and am thinking about the drug thing. I'm going to try to go without, and we'll see what happens. If I'm lucky, I'll take after my Mom and there won't be time for an epidural!
In-laws: love them or hate them? Love them! I got lucky with Justin, and with my step-parents, I have a GREAT family all around me.
Breast feeding or bottle? Breast feeding for sure.
What do you hope the baby gets from you/SO? From me, I hope that the baby gets my love for books, appreciation for family, and knowledge that anything is possible. From Justin, I hope that the baby gets his smarts, kindness and good sense of direction!
More kids or done? We would like to have one more after this.
Just won the lottery, what's the first thing you'd buy for yourself? I would pay off our debt, including our condo & car, then pay off debt for my parents, and my sister's student loans. Then a lot to charity.
Last movie that made you cry? Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire, w hich I saw today. I won't say why for those who haven't seen/read it.
Household chore you never let SO do? I don't think there are any... up until I became totally exhausted during the pregnancy, I did a lot of the housework, I like it clean and don't mind doing it! I used to never have him vacuum, but then we got a new vacuum cleaner hat's awesome and now he doesn't mind it as much!
Household chore you absolutely refuse to do? Clean the cat litter! Especially during pregnancy! But if I HAD to, I would do it. It's the one chore I don't usually do though.
Least fav household chore? Cleaning the bathroom toilet & floor.
Do you read or sing to your baby yet? Not yet, maybe once it starts moving around more etc, as the pregnancy gets further along. And DEFINITELY after it's born!
Anyone getting on your nerves yet? Not really anyone who didn't already.
Will SO cut the cord? Probably not. It's not important to either of us.
Hold baby immediately after birth or wipe off the goo first? I'll probably defer to whatever the nurses do at the hospital I'll be at. Either one is okay with me!
Spankings or time out? Time out! I don't believe in spankings. I think discipline can be plenty effective without any hitting. Besides, how are you supposed to teach your kid not to hit people if you're hitting them?
Is your belly bigger or smaller than you thought it would be? Well, I'm not showing yet, but I didn't really expect to this far along. My weight gain, definitely smaller, I have only lost weight so far.
How many children do you want? 2
If you could pick the month and day your baby could be born, what would you pick? Hm... I don't know when I'd pick. Not in December. Actually, May seems pretty good!
Prediction: do you think you'll have a small or big baby? Hopefully small....
Will your child have to be 18 before piercings/tattoos or will you sign for them? Who knows? We'll see when the time comes. If they are going to do it anyway, I might as well sign so they can get it done somewhere safe & clean.
How much weight have you gained? Negative 24 pounds.
Beside SO, who was your fav person to tell you were pregnant? My Mom and sister. They were both so happy, but I got to tell my Mom on her birthday, which was really cool.
First thing you bought for the baby? Haven't actually bought anything ourselves yet. Our first gift was a pair of cute little booties that my Mom bought.

No comments: