February 16, 2011

A Case of the Blahs

I can't believe how completely unmotivated I feel to do ANYTHING right now. This week, I've just been exhausted. I had a very busy weekend, my Dad was in town from Maryland because he was attending a conference in Portland and drove up to visit. It was a really great weekend, Saturday I took the boys down to Seattle to hang out, then we had dinner down there. We ended up being at my sister's house until 10:00 and I didn't get home until midnight. Sunday I headed down to Seattle again with just Danny and went to the Ballard Farmer's Market with my Dad and sister, then to my book club and got home around 10 that night.

I haven't been sleeping that well, with 2 kids who wake in the night and sleep next to me and a fussy baby, it just hasn't been in the cards. I think that maybe Danny's teething because he's been pretty fussy the last few days.

It's more than just being tired, it's exhaustion. I have only slept through the night 2 times in the last 9 months, and sometimes it catches up with me a bit. I've also been struggling with missing my friends, which is a whole other post.

The bottom line is that I feel completely unmotivated to do anything. There is a bunch of stuff that needs to get done around the house and I care, but I just don't feel like doing any of it. Ugh. Hopefully I'll get my mojo back sometime soon...

2 comments:

lceel said...

Sounds to me like you could use a couple of shots of Kickapoo Joy Juice - failing that, I would think that finding someone to fill in and give you a night off would certainly do wonders for you. Maybe TWO nights off - in a row. Just to get you back on your feet - so to speak.

Mrs4444 said...

I was getting the blah's from the gross, dirty snow we had, but tonight we got 6-8 new inches, so I'm good now. Here's to a mojo-filled week :)