November 18, 2011

Friday Fragments

Friday Fragments are bits and pieces of your week that are usually brief; too short for a stand-alone post, but too good to discard. Collect humorous observations, "Heard" items, and other small gems and put them together in a Friday Fragments post.

Friday Fragments are the brainchild of Mrs.4444 and you can find more at Half Past Kissin' Time.

*****

Next week is going to be so exciting!  First, my birthday is on Wednesday.  I am turning 31.  I don't have any plans yet, other than my mom making me a pecan pie, like she always does for my birthday.  Then we have Thanksgiving at my Mom's house, which should be fun.  Mostly because I don't have to cook.  Or clean.  Then on Friday I get to go down to Seattle for my birthday trip - I did it last year and I think I like the idea of an annual tradition.  Friday, dinner with friends and joint b-day celebration with my friend Tara then Breaking Dawn part 1, Saturday a me-day then spending the night at my sister's and helping decorate her tree.  I can't wait!

*****

Are you watching Glee?  I felt so bad for Santana in this week's episode.  Yes, she is mean.  But no one deserves to be outed like that.  And that Adele mashup?  Amazing! 

*****

I took Sam to see Puss in Boots last weekend, and my head almost exploded when I saw this preview.



This is one of my absolute favorite books and it looks SO PRETTY! I seriously can't wait to see it. Justin said the words IMAX when we watched the preview, and that might need to happen.

 *****

Speaking of movies, this:



CAN'T WAIT!

*****

Sometimes I see videos online and I kind of can't believe them.



First off, what a great voice.  Second, this just blows my mind.  I can't imagine having the skill or ear to put something like this together.

*****

Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Barb Clatyon said...

happy birthday. Enjoy the pecan pie - it's one of my favourites.

Stacy said...

Wow!  The Lorax is totally on my "Must See" list.

Karen and Gerard said...

That sounds like such a fun week coming up for you!  We both loved THE HUNGER GAMES too and look forward to seeing that movie!

Stopping by from Friday Fragments:  http://zemeks.blogspot.com/2011/11/9-things-we-learned-this-week-46-of.html

Mary said...

Happy early birthday!  I must really be out of the loop...I have no idea what Hunger Games is even about!

unknownmami said...

Have a phenomenal birthday! I love pecan pie.

Katya Kate said...

Wow you sure have a busy fun-filled days to come! I like this theme Friday Fragments, gonna link up next time. And have a blast on your birthday!

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Happy Birthday!  We saw Puss and Boots last weekend too.  How did I miss this trailer... I remember watching The Lorax every year for Earth Day in school... not sure how I feel about a remake...

ellie said...

I love The Lorax.  Did you notice in the film Despicable Me, one of the kids wore a Lorax T?  Loved that!

Profwaynewsmith said...

An early happy birthday to you.  I also love the Lorax though it is well rumored that he did not write the book for children.  It has a lot of inside joke type references throughout it.

lisleman said...

that is a great video of the talented guy - good voice and amazing mixing.
Happy Birthday and our family has always done pie instead of cake.

Seattledad said...

I saw that Lorax trailer the other day and am so eager to take Lukas to see it in the theater.  We have yet to take him to one on the big screen.