November 4, 2011

Friday Fragments: TGIF!

Friday Fragments are bits and pieces of your week that are usually brief; too short for a stand-alone post, but too good to discard. Collect humorous observations, "Heard" items, and other small gems and put them together in a Friday Fragments post.

Friday Fragments are the brainchild of Mrs.4444 and you can find more at Half Past Kissin' Time.

*****

I am feeling really fragmented this week. It's been a bit crazy with Halloween parties on the weekend, then Halloween. I am looking forward to a quiet weekend for the next couple of days, and not doing much!

*****

My father-in-law has been in the hospital this week.  He fainted last weekend, so they took him to a clinic, who in turn sent him to the hospital.  He doesn't really like it there, and would very much like to escape.  Fortunately for the nurses, they can move faster than he can.  Justin spent Monday night there and much of Tuesday.  It's a bit surreal for me because my parents are significantly younger and pretty healthy, so when things like this happen, I am a bit unprepared.  It turns out one of his medications was messing with his sodium levels, so hopefully the doctors will be able to find a better combination.  It was hard having Justin away from us for so many hours, but I am proud of him for being there for his Dad so much.  It must be hard to be in the hospital like that when you don't want to be, and lonely too.  I know that he really appreciated having someone to talk to and to help him out.

*****

Does anyone else use Google Reader?  They changed their format this week (I really don't like it yet), and there's no longer a 'share' option.  I previously had my shared items showing up on my Facebook page as well as on that "Reading Online" widget in my sidebar.  Does anyone know of a good way to still have shared items from a reader?  I really want to keep that feature here on my blog.  If there is another feedreader that people use and like, I might consider switching if it lets me do this.

*****

I have been really enjoying some of the new fall shows, including two that I didn't expect to like as much as I do.  I've been eager for new episodes of Revenge (CW) and American Horror Story (FX).  I was totally unsure about AHS because the first episode was super creepy, but I am really into the story now!  I can't wait to see what happens with the baby.  Of the returning shows, I am really enjoying Supernatural and The Walking Dead - I totally knew what really happened with Otis last week.  I also really liked the conversations that Rick and Lori about why (or why not) they wanted their son to live.


*****

I had to get my photo taken on picture retake day at Sam's school for my volunteer badge.  I went to pick him up for OT today and the secretary showed me my badge and handed me an envelope.  Apparently, even the volunteers get a code and a chance to order copies of our school pictures!  It was pretty funny because it included a sheet showing my picture on a bunch of the school photo backgrounds available, including this one with fall leaves and a painted bus.  I wish I had my scanner hooked up so I could share, because it gave me a pretty good laugh.
*****

Hope everyone has a great weekend!  I'll be around to visit some fellow fragmenters!

9 comments:

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

Sometimes, I wonder just how well some medications help us....it boggles my mind that a combination of two or more 'meds' can really screw up things and give 'life threatening' side effects.

Hope he recovers well.


My Fragmental Friday Link

Hope you have a quiet day for yourself this weekend.  See y'over at my blog if you can find time.

SadieCass said...

Sorry to hear about your FIL.  I have the same feeling as you...hubs is a bit older than me so his parents are a lot older than mine. It's difficult. I hope he gets to feeling better.

I've never once used a reader...so I know nothing about the new one, but I've seen quite a few complaints. I myself don't like the new email layout. I think Google got too excited after their moderate to good success on G+. All of this is a big failure to me.

QQ QandleQueen said...

It wasn't until I worked at a school that I realized how few pictures of myself that I had from recent years.  Usually I'm the one taking the pictures.  I kind of wish we would have annual pictures at work.  Yeah, I know, everyone hates getting their pictures taken, but it is a nice record of a person over the years.

Joyce Lansky said...

Interesting tidbits. It's not yesterdays world. Safety has gone to the extreme.

I love a new show "Ever After?" It's a Sunday night show about fairy tale characters trapped in our world. It's actually pretty good.

Good luck with father-in-law. It's tough when we have to take care of the older generation.

I'm always feeling fragmented these days.

Joyce
http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

ellie said...

I'm a teacher, and they give us a free package of photos each year. What am I supposed to do with those??

;)

Mrs4444 said...

This is the first year in a while that I could look at my teacher photo without wincing. My school also lets families take photos together, which was fun when my kids were at the middle school with me. It's nice to be able to have a school photo without a dorky haircut :)

Mr.4444 has been taping the Revenge episodes--It's a great show.

Glad to hear that your FIL's issue is easily fixed.

I do use Google Reader but haven't been there in a while. Off to check it out! Thanks.

Mary said...

I'm loving "Revenge", and just discovered "Once Upon a Time".  I saw the previews for AHS, but I'm not real crazy about scary stuff.

Demi said...

Well written article.I appreciate your writing skills.Its great.I really like the concept of this post and I feel that this is a very unique and rare information that you have managed to compile.You have done a great job by sharing this post with us.

Rea said...

I like this post. Its really an informative post.I would like to read your more updates.Keep in touch with us in future too.