July 27, 2011

30 Days of Truth - Days 21-28: Knocking 'Em Out

Okay, there is just NO WAY I can somehow squeeze 8 blog posts out of the next 8 prompts. Let's knock some out, right here, right now.

***

The prompt for Day 21 of 30 Days of Truth is "(scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?"

Really? Is this a question? GO. To her. Simple.

***

The prompt for Day 22 of 30 Days of Truth is "Something you wish you hadn't done in your life."

I really, really, wish that I had not give up playing the piano. I started around 6th grade and took lessons well into high school. I got to the point where I was supposed to practice an hour a day, and I quit my lessons. I wish that I'd kept with it, I really loved playing and now I very much want to start again, but I'm going to have to re-learn a lot of stuff.

***

The prompt for Day 23 of 30 Days of Truth is "Something you wish you had done in your life."

I wish that I'd had someone videotape the birth of my first son. Not for anyone else, just for me. I wish I'd realized that I'd be so empowered and want to see it. I didn't know that, nor did I know that the second time around I would plan for a video but there would be no time to make it happen.

***

The prompt for Day 24 of 30 Days of Truth is "Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)"

For my Mom

Return to Pooh Corner - Kenny Loggins
Because I remember having this sung to me, and in my head it is entwined with my childhood.

In China or a Woman's Heart - Kate Wolf
Because you are so beautiful when you play the guitar, and this song is like a hug from you - every time I hear it I feel so at peace.

Rockin' With the Rhythm of the Rain - The Judds
Because it reminds me of rockin' out with you in our living room as a kid.

Kiss Me - Sixpence None the Richer
Because it reminds you of our time in England, and since I know that, it reminds me too.

Addicted to Love - Robert Palmer
Because we played this record and danced, and that's kid of funny.

LOVE.
Rachael

***

The prompt for Day 25 of 30 Days of Truth is "The reason you believe you're still alive today."

Really? WTH kind of question is this? I don't even know. Because I haven't died, and am usually pretty smart.

***

The prompt for Day 26 of 30 Days of Truth is "Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?"

Nope. Never.

***

The prompt for Day 27 of 30 Days of Truth is "What's the best thing going for you right now?"

My family. My amazing sons. My husband. My Mom and my sister. They're everything.

***

The prompt for Day 28 of 30 Days of Truth is "What if you were pregnant or got someone pregnant, what would you do?"

Honestly, I don't know. We have 2 kids now, and we're definitely not looking to add to the family - it seems just right the way it is. Additionally, having two kids? Freaking HARD. I don't know how we would handle adding another to the mix. So, instead, we shall be smart and a more permanent solution will be in our near future.

For the other 29 days, click here.

2 comments:

Ediehope said...

Thanks for the song list. Yep. All of those songs hold a lot of meaning for me too. 

tracismixedbag said...

Ooh, I like this a lot. Confessions are my favorite. I may have to do this. The title makes it sound as if you are not truthful, only on the days you participate in 30 days of truth. LOL. I'm just kidding by the way.