December 8, 2009

Merry SITSmas: 2009 By The Numbers

Can you believe it's December already? I can hardly believe it! A whole year has gone by since my first SITSmas, and I'm super excited it's here again! SITSmas is the annual Christmas bash hosted by the awesome ladies over at SITS - The Secret is in the Sauce. It's all about commenting and bloggy love, and on SITSmas it's about sharing greetings and awesome giveaways every hour! So, if you're visiting from SITS, welcome to my humble abode. Last year I managed to visit almost every SITSmas post, so we'll see how I do this year!

Like the major procrastinator I've become, I have not done anything about our annual Christmas letter or cards yet for 2009. So, for today I've got something else that's been on my mind: 2009 by the numbers!

6 - Months we'll have lived in the house my husband grew up in at the end of this year.

3 - Hours it took my husband to clear all the fallen sticks and branches off our driveway last night.

18 - Week pregnant I am with our 2nd baby.

2 - Days until I get to find out if this one is a boy or a girl (send pink vibes please!).

52 - Articles I've ghostwritten to be published online - one of my favorite things that happened this year!

287 - Blog posts I've published in 2009 so far.

36 - Books I've read in 2009, falling far short of my yearly goal to read 52.

40 - Books already on my "to read" list for 2010.

52 - Movies I've seen at the theater in 2009.

31 - Pounds I lost before I got pregnant.

12 - Pounds I lost after I got pregnant.

10 - Years my husband and I have been together as of December 4.

4 - Years old my sweet son Sam turned in May.

2.5 - Hours that Sam is now at school three days a week!

8 - Friends I have who are currently pregnant and due in the first half of 2010.

1 - Cat we had to say goodbye to this year.

2 - Cats we gained when we moved this summer.

2 - Approximate number of nights Sam has slept through in his own bed since we moved.

125 - Subscriptions in my Google Reader. This number is liable to go up after I blog-hop for SITSmas!

100 - Dollars per month our health premiums were going to go up, forcing us to switch to a high deductible plan. Then I got pregnant. Sigh...

85 - Approximate number of times I have to pee every day even though I'm not even halfway through this pregnancy.

4 - Size my 3.5 year old son is now wearing in pajamas - too tall!

29 - Years old both my husband and I turned this year.

I'm sure there are lots more things that happened this year, but I think that the moving and the writing and the new baby are the big ones!

Merry SITsmas, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to all of you out there. Blessings and happiness for 2010 - may the new year bring only improvement, no matter how this year was!

To go to the next SITSmas post in the linky, Marina at Energizer Bunny's Mommy Reports, click here.

To visit the linky with all the SITSmas posts listed, click here.

39 comments:

Chocolate Lover said...

Merry SITSmas! Wishing you and your family (including the little one in your belly) lots of love and laughter! :)

Marina@EBMR said...

Wow....thats a lot of nos! Merry SITSmas!

http://energizerbunnysmommyreports.blogspot.com/2009/12/merry-sitsmas.html

Julia said...

Happy Holidays!! Thank you for stopping by.

Shannon said...

Merry SITSmas, Rachael!

Enjoy your day :)

Kristin said...

Merry SITSmas! Love the photo card and this is my first SITSmas. So much fun!

Just Lisa said...

I love this! Great inspiration for a New Year's post!

Merry SITSmas!

Jamie said...

Aww! I'm sending pink vibes your way! I can't believe you visited almost every SITSmas post last year! This is my first year joining in and you have inspired me to try and visit them all, too! I'll start tomorrow though because I am sleepy. *lol*

Merry SITSmas!

Lauren said...

Pink! Girl! Pink! Girl! Merry SITSmas!

Rachel Cotterill said...

Merry SITSmas! That's a great list, I might look at doing something like that. Sounds like you have to read a lot of books in the next couple of weeks! ;)

BLOGitse said...

Merry SITSmas
from Cairo!

Anonymous said...

Merry SITSmas! I LOVE your card(So cute to include the new little one. Congratulations!) and your year by numbers!

Bethany said...

Merry SITSmas back at you. I loved your "by the numbers" and I also feel inspired to try and make it to every SITSmas link now.

Sherri said...

Merry, Merry SITSmas! I love that you put new baby on your card too. Pink would be great:)

Diane said...

i liked this post! i sure don't miss peeing 80 some odd times a day being pregnant! best wishes and merry SITSmas!

Sandy said...

Great list! Congrats on your future new addition! Merry SITSmas!

Unknown said...

Fabulous list Merry SITS-mas!

KatBouska said...

I love the numbers list!! Fun idea. :)

Merry Sitsmas!

said...

Have a very merry SITSmas Rachael!

Rebecca Jo said...

How exciting... definitely sending pink vibes your way!!!!
Merry SITSmas!

Chrisy said...

Merry SITSmas!

Unknown said...

merry sitsmas...love the "by the numbers"...
great way to measure the year.
-christy

Peggy said...

Wow! What a year! Congratulations on the new soon to be addition to your family :-)

Merry SITSmas!

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Merry SITSmas-- love your holiday by the numbers idea!

52-- movies you've seen in theatres this year... um, you're amazing! I don't think I've seen a single one, much to my hubby's dismay!

And congrats on #2! How exciting :)

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

Momlissa said...

Merry Sitsmas and thanks for stopping by my blog! My daughter turned 4 in April, so I bet we could compare some notes!!

Anonymous said...

Pink vibes coming your way ;-) We've got 3 girls...so maybe my husband should chat with your husband, tee hee. And maybe he can give mine some tips for boy vibes ;-)

Jamie :)

Heather of the EO said...

Merry SITSmas to you too!

Congrats on your second baby and have a great Christmas!

Unknown said...

it was fun reading your year-end report by the numbers...Merry SITSmas!

Mrs. M said...

Great report! My daughter was well into 4's by that age too! She is very tall!!

Claremont First Ward said...

Merry SITsmas to you and yours!

Carma Sez said...

Those are some impressive stats - except for the turning 29 - now I'm jealous ;-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on all your good belssings and fortune! Last year I managed to visit all the blogs in like 2 days. But this year, it will probably take me all week! But that's okay, we all deserve the comment love!
Merry SITSmas!

Andi said...

Impressive list! Merry SITSmas!

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

((((((((((PINK)))))))))))

Merry SITSmas!!

Veronica Lee said...

Merry SITSmas to you !!!!

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Lovely! Merry SITSmas to you & family and thanks for stopping by my blog! :D

Clueless_Mama said...

I enjoyed reading about your numbers. Thanks for visiting me. Merry SITSmas:)

Erin Bassett said...

I love when people break their lives up into numbers like that...so neat!

Hope you have a merry SITSmas!

Unknown said...

Very inventive post! I'm sending you pink vibes!

Merry SITSMas back at 'cha. I hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Anonymous said...

Merry SITSmas! I love the creative way you did your post!