January 4, 2006

Happy New Year!

Sorry for the long time between entries again! We were in New Jersey until last Friday, and Thursday night we went to dinner at Marrones, my favorite pizza place in the whole world. The flight back was all right, but a little bumpy. Saturday night was New Years Eve, we just went and hung out with Brooke and Dave. Sunday Brooke and I went and saw Brokeback Mountain. It was really good. So much of the movie was very calm, the imagery and the music. Then on Monday Justin and I went and saw King Kong, which I also liked a lot. It was long, but most of it I wouldn't have changed. There was some realy great cinematography in there. Today was my first day back at work - piles of stuff to do! I felt a little better by the end of the day when I at least got everything sorted out, but I do have a ton to do and things are changing a little bit with my department. I have 61 days of work left until my last day!

Things are still going well. I have officially grown out of a pair of pants now. I was just sitting at the table minding my own business when suddenly they felt too small. I tried to put them on the next day and it was just uncomfortable. I went to Lane Bryant yesterday and got a pair of black stretchy pants, and a pair of jeans that I of course didn't try on first, and I'm not sure I'll keep them. I need to get some more pairs of stretchy pants though. I've been looking online a little bit, but it's such a pain to return things then. I got a gift card to Motherhood Maternity store, so maybe I'll go there sometime.

I talked to Rob last night and found out that his niece, Courtney, is moving to Bellevue! She and her family live in Albuquerque, and her husband does something with computers and got a job up here. She's a little older than me and they have a 1 year old daughter, so hopefully we'll be able to help them get adjusted and everything. I have a great network of friends from book club, so maybe she can join us.

I still haven't felt Sam kick, and I'm impatient! I probably shouldn't be. I bet that when I can feel it, he's going to kick the crap out of me and I'll wish that I couldn't feel it again! Anyhow, I am 23 weeks today, so I'm just waiting. It's weird because now that I don't feel sick any more I don't really feel that pregnant! I was driving home from work today and felt oddly 'normal'! I know there was other stuff I wanted to write about, but I can't seem to remember any of it right now. I'll be back soon!

No comments: