January 15, 2006

Getting Started

I'm at work with Justin right now (yes, on Sunday). He came in to work for a few hours, and I went and did some shopping then came to hang out here, play on the internet and read a book while he finishes what he's doing. Unfortunately I just wrote a whole journal entry, then lost the whole thing because of something on the computer I'm working on. Sigh... well, here it is again...

I made some good progress this weekend around the house. In the last couple of weeks I've really been feeling like I want to start organizing stuff, and getting things done. I would really like to get the major organizing and making space in the house done before April so that during that month I can just relax and do what I want. Basically, spend a little bit of time in the weeks before Sam gets here just hanging around with friends and family and having 'me time', since it will be the last time for a while! So, here is what I've done so far:

- Went through the living room and put aside some things to get boxed and go to the storage unit, including a bunch of books. There's a lot of stuff around I don't want to get rid of, but we just don't have much room right now.

- Took a grocery sack full of books and sold it to the used book store.

- Bought another DVD shelf and transferred all of our DVDs to it. I was starting to shop around for a 'kid stuff' shelf - basically I wanted a shelf that could hold a bunch of plastic bins to put stuff in and still keep it organized and be able to see it. Then I realized that if I got another DVD shelf, it would free up the entire bookcase. I cleared off 2 shelves on our other bookcase as well, so we now have 8 free shelves in the living room to use. I'll post pictures tonight, so check the photo album soon!

- Got plastic bins for the shelves in the living room for baby toys and STUFF, including large ones that are now holding clothing, but can be used for other things later.

- Went through the giant mound of baby clothes in the living room and seperated them out, so now I know exactly what is newborn, 0-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-9 months, and 9+. We have very full bins of 3-6 and 6-9, and a fairly full 0-3 bin. I think we should get a few more newborn sized things. There was not much hand-me-downs since Seamus is where we got them, and he was a pretty big baby! I don't know how big Sam will be, so it's good to have supplies just in case!

The other cool thing is that I've definitely been feeling Sam moving around! It's more consistant now, although not regular. I have only been able to feel him while lying down, although last night I felt him move when I was at the movie theater. Usually I feel him in the evening between 7 and 10 when I'm lying on the couch or in bed. I am able to recognize it now, and it feels more like someone pushing at me in there! It's exciting! It's also reassuring to feel him move, and to usually be able to feel it every day.

I'm not stressing out about it, but I'm also not too happy with the continued weight loss we found at my last doctor's appointment. I really thought it would have turned around - I have definitely been eating more, but I guess my definition of 'a lot' changed when I didn't eat for 4 months, and my stomach also doesn't tolerate as much food at one time. I'm really trying to be more concious. One of my problems is that I don't usually take a lunch break at work because I don't really have time, so I end up not eating a real 'meal' around lunch time. i've been trying to make sure that in addition to snacking, I eat something substantial in the middle of the day. It's also for me - if I go too long without something like that, I start to not feel as well. Hopefully everything will be normal by my next appointment. We get to have another ultrasound and see Sam. I'm hoping maybe this time we'll get some better pictures. I never posted pictures from our big ultrasound in December because he was moving around so much that we didnt' get any really good still shots! We do have the video though, and it's a lot easier to see Sam there. Maybe I'll try to see if we can get it posted online somewhere.

Well, I think I'll go now and read for a while. I'll be back soon with more updates though!

No comments: