January 27, 2011

Happy Friday!

Friday Fragments are bits and pieces of your week that are usually brief; too short for a stand-alone post, but too good to discard. Collect humorous observations, "Heard" items, and other small gems and put them together in a Friday Fragments post.

Friday Fragments are the brainchild of Mrs.4444 and you can find more at Half Past Kissin' Time.

*****

Things that are awesome about having a 4 year old in the "why" phase: Why do we have bones? What is the difference between a car and a magnet? What is a deep breath?

Things that are not awesome about having a 4 year old in the "why" phase: When you go outside to drive your kid to the bottom of the hilly 1/4 mile long driveway and the broken car is REALLY broken now and so you put on the Baby Bjorn and start walking in the pouring rain with an umbrella and then halfway down you roll your ankle and fall on your knee and throw the umbrella and the baby's face comes an inch from his first case of road rash and you have to get up and comfort him fast so he doesn't freak even though you want to cry yourself and you can tell already there is a huge scrape and bruise forming under your pants and then, accusingly... "Mommy, WHY did you do that?!"

*****

I played Just Dance 2 on my little sister's Wii on our trip (which I STILL haven't managed to post pictures from) and it was awesome, so I bought Just Dance for our Wii and have used it a couple of times. It's really good exercise and I find it much easier to do for an hour than a workout tape or something. Yay! I fund out while shopping that there's Zumba for the Wii too, which I have now on my wish list!

*****

This week I rearranged my folders in Google Reader and did a little housekeeping and it seems much more manageable the last few days, so that's a win! Now if I could just get back to blogging, I have stuff to say!

*****

I just heard from the woman I've ghostwritten some articles for and she had a new order come in. I am so excited to get back to writing again!

*****

This week we had the first of 3 little orientation classes at the elementary school Sam will go to for kindergarten next year. KINDERGARTEN?! AGH! All right, I know it's 8 months off, but still. How is he almost in kindergarten?

*****

Justin and I had a great date night this week. We went to one of our very favorite restaurants in town, Bayou on Bay, then went and saw True Grit. I thought it was good, Jeff Bridges is pretty great and I thought the girl in it was good too. We are so lucky to be able to have regular date nights courtesy of my awesome Mom who babysits.

*****

Sam has been talking about how he really wants to have a sleepover with his friend from school. It's kind of hard to explain to him that they're sort of young for sleepovers, and that I don't know how it would go. He's so funny though because he has sleepovers with my Mom, my Sister, Justin's Mom... so I think there's a natural jump for him because he likes playing with his friend. In any case, it seems that I need to get on scheduling another playdate for them!

*****

My Mom's husband is totally addicted to Angry Birds and now Justin is too. I thought I'd download it but I have somehow DELETED the market application from my Android phone. How the hell did I even manage that? And how do I get it back if I can't go to the place where you download stuff?

*****

My knee still hurts.

*****

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! Maybe I'll get some time to process photos this weekend so I can post my favorites from the last few weeks.


4 comments:

Zemeks said...

That's wonderful you are able to have date nights. My husband and I almost went to see True Grit but then decided to just stay home and watch a movie instead. That "Angry Birds" must be fun, a lot of people talk about it.

Stopping by from Friday Fragments.

Making It Work Mom said...

OUCH! Your poor knee that sounds awful. Congratulations on the writing gig!

unknownmami said...

The difference between a car and a magnet? Sometimes there isn't one if your car happens to be a "chick magnet".

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

I'm sorry about your fall. Hope the knee feels better soon.

Jene said...

Yes! Get back to blogging! Hope your leg is feeling better, and I didn't even know it was possible to delete the market application from a Droid.