October 8, 2010

Friday Fragments are bits and pieces of your week that are usually brief; too short for a stand-alone post, but too good to discard. Collect humorous observations, "Heard" items, and other small gems and put them together in a Friday Fragments post.

Friday Fragments are the brainchild of Mrs.4444 and you can find more at Half Past Kissin' Time.


~ Have I mentioned lately how much I love Friday Fragments? Even in weeks like this one where I feel behind and like I didn't get things done I wanted to, I get to share my little moments and bits and pieces on Fridays. It's fun!

~ Mrs.4444 shared something last week on her blog that I loved, so I stole it. Here's how to really love a child.

How to Really Love a Child

Be there. Say yes as often as possible. Let
them bang on pots and pans. If they're crabby,
put them in water. If they're unlovable,
love yourself. Realize how important it is to be
a child. Go to a movie theater in your pajamas.
Read books out loud with joy. Invent pleasures
together. Remember how really small they are.
Giggle a lot. Surprise them. Say no when
necessary. Teach feelings. Heal your own
inner child. Learn about parenting. Hug trees
together. Make loving safe. Bake a cake and
eat it with no hands. Go find elephants and
kiss them. Plan to build a rocket ship. Imagine
yourself magic. Make lots of forts with
blankets. Let your angel fly. Reveal your
own dreams. Search out the positive. Keep
the gleam in your eye. Mail letters to God.
Encourage silly. Plant licorice in your garden.
Stop yelling. Express your love. A lot. Speak
kindly. Paint their tennis shoes. Handle with caring.

Children Are Miraculous

Great huh? What would you add to the list?

~ 30 Days of Truth. Heard of it? Lately, it seems like 30 Days of Truth has been popping up everywhere. Adam, Crabby Mommy, Sarah, Faiqa, Britt, and Anastacia (and many others I'm sure) are all doing it. So of course I thought, why not? I don't know if I'll be able to post every day, but it'll be my focus for the next little bit, and of course I'll have to intersperse it with other posts when the spirit hits me. I think maybe it will be more like 60 days, but we'll see. Anyone else in? Here is the list of topics:

Day 01 → Something you hate about yourself.
Day 02 → Something you love about yourself.
Day 03 → Something you have to forgive yourself for.
Day 04 → Something you have to forgive someone for.
Day 05 → Something you hope to do in your life.
Day 06 → Something you hope you never have to do.
Day 07 → Someone who has made your life worth living for.
Day 08 → Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.
Day 09 → Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.
Day 10 → Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.
Day 11 → Something people seem to compliment you the most on.
Day 12 → Something you never get compliments on.
Day 13 → A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)
Day 14 → A hero that has let you down. (letter)
Day 15 → Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.
Day 16 → Someone or something you definitely could live without.
Day 17 → A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
Day 18 → Your views on gay marriage.
Day 19 → What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?
Day 20 → Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Day 21 → (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?
Day 22 → Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.
Day 23 → Something you wish you had done in your life.
Day 24 → Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)
Day 25 → The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
Day 26 → Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?
Day 27 → What’s the best thing going for you right now?
Day 28 → What if you were pregnant or got someone pregnant, what would you do?
Day 29 → Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.
Day 30 → A letter to yourself, tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself

~ I saw The Social Network the other night (it was excellent) and there were some good previews. True Grit looks pretty good, and reminded me that I still want to see The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford and 3:10 to Yuma. There was also a preview for Unstoppable and I'm still super excited about that one.

~ Check out this awesome light show.



I'd love to see something like that in person!

~ This week, Sam had a night where he was up really late. At some point in talking to him Justin used the phrase "period" as in 'no more shows, period.' Then at some point he told Sam the option he had chosen was invalid. Somehow in Sam's head this translated to "in Africa." So now when Sam says something he wants to emphasize, he says afterward "Period. In Africa." It's really cute. I'll try to get it on video.

~ I think that's about it for now... I'm already late on this, so I'll just get it up. I haven't been online much in the last couple of days, so I'm catching up on all the awesome things you all have posted this week!


No comments: