March 14, 2008

Ahhh...

I just put Sam down for his nap, and he went into his crib wonderfully (with a book of course). I've heard a few random noises, but for the most part everything is quiet. So, if he's not falling asleep he's at least having some quiet time in his crib and giving me time to do a little work.

So, here is how you know when you're a crazy mother. There's this episode of Blue's Clues where they skidoo into a bakery and help bowl and spatula make banana cake. If that sentence didn't sound crazy to you, you must have a kid. Anyway, every time I watch it I wonder if the recipe would actually work. I looked online at some banana cake recipes and they were pretty similar. So, I had these three browning bananas in the kitchen and I decided to see if it would. The recipe as given on the show is:

3 bananas
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
a dash of salt

After looking at recipes online I decided to add butter (1/2 cup) and a dash of vanilla. I also just realized I forgot the salt. Anyway, I mixed it up and cooked at 375 for 30 minutes. And.... IT IS GOOD! I just ate a little piece and it is lighter than banana bread. It's not too sweet, so I think it would be good with some icing, but I'm just going to leave it plain. It got a little too dark, I think if I make it again maybe I'd try baking at 350.

Anyhow, thanks Blue's Clues...

No comments: