March 23, 2007

Has it really been almost 11 months?

I'm sorry it's been so long since I updated! I've been meaning to do it and next thing I knew, it had been over a week! Crazy.

Things here are pretty good! My big exciting news is that I finally got a laptop! I am very excited about it. I have been wanting one for a while, but since I don't really NEED one, it wasn't something that we would spend the money on. Well, long story short, we had a lot of trouble with Justin's old laptop and aservice plan at Best Buy that resulted in them having his computer for over 2 months, him buying a new one somewhere else, and us ending up with an enormous store credit. So, we decided that I could finally get a laptop, and Justin got a couple of other computer things that I don't understand. Anyway, I am sitting here now typing this on my new laptop and watching 'Jericho' from a couple of weeks ago and SAm and Justin are upstairs napping. TGIF? Haha. I am really looking forward to working more on my writing again, I've been getting more back into it lately, which is one of the reasons I wanted a laptop. It also means I can work downstairs on e-mail and stuff, which is nice. I'm also excited because I'll be able to take it with me on my trip to California next month.

Sam is still doing well! He had a pretty hard time with the last tooth he cut, but it seems to be getting better. There hasn't been many other developments around here! I finally got out the bins of 9 month clothes and 12 month clothes. Justin pointed out that some of the clothes in his dresser were too small and when I went through it I emptied out about 1/2 of his clothes! So, I'm in the process of getting his new stuff in there in between loads of laundry, meals, and dishes.

Last Monday Rob, Susan & Maggie were down in Seattle for some doctor appointments at Children's Hospital and came over here afterwards to hang out with us. Courtney and Elena came over too, and we ate Thai food and stared at each other's babies. Maggie is so cute! I can't believe how big she is! She and Sam weigh about the same amount, but Maggie is more of a little chubster. She has this VERY cute laugh when she gets really happy. She is just so adorable, and I really enjoyed the little moments I got to share with her playing with her and just looking at each other. I am obviously much older and we won't have the same kind of relationship I have with Kira, but I really want to make sure we are close as she grows up. It was much too long between visits this time, almost 3 months, and I would like to see the three of them more often! I got some really cute pictures, I'll post them online soon!

Not much else has been happening around here. After next week we're in for a busy month. Lorelai's birthday is April 1, so we'll be going to her 5th birthday party the day before that. The first week of April is Mom's spring break and she wants to take Sam for a few days. It will be a welcome little break for us, and fun Grandma time for Sam up in Bellingham. The week after that I leave on Thursday for my trip to California with Brooke and we'll be gone from the 12th to the 16th. We are really looking forward to a real vacation in sunny California! Then sometime after I get back Justin is going to have to go to the Philippines again for work, probably for 2 weeks. Then we'll be into May and Sam will be turning ONE! Can you believe it? I can't!

Well, I think that's all for now. I will write more soon!

No comments: