April 16, 2006

Happy Easter

Well, it's 11:45 on Easter Sunday. We're going to have brunch with friends at 1:00 - it seems it will be an odd mix of breakfast & regular foods, including frittatas, ham, and lasagne. My contribution is Baked French Toast Casserole. No, I have never attempted it before. I saw it on Paula Deen's show on the Food Network about 6 months ago and have had the recipe since then. The best way I can think of to describe Paula Deen is that she is southern and loves butter. To give you an idea of what I'm talking about, the recipe I just made involved 2 cups of half and half, and the topping (praline pecans) included 2 sticks of butter... I hope I don't give everyone clogged arteries. Hopefully, it will taste good though. We'll see.

Things are not bad here. I'm pretty tired today, as I went to bed way too late yesterday, then had to get up every hour from 6:30 - 10:30 to go to the bathroom. Yay. Yesterday we went to Target to return a playmat I bought since we got one as a gift. It was a gigantic hassle that involved me talking on the phone to online customer service, who were not helpful. Since I ordered it online, I was supposed to be able to print out a receipt, but it wasn't working. At one point, the Target.com rep said she was going to get someone else to look at it because he was "more computer saavy" than her. What the heck? If you don't know how to work a computer, why are you a customer service rep for a website? Anyhow, all's well that ends welll, and we ended up with a few more new baby things. Justin hasn't done much shopping for Sam, so it's fun to go together and see what he picks out. We ended up with another diaper bag - I love the sling backpack and the idea of it, but when I started putting stuff it in, it's not that big. We got a bigger bag that will be better if we're going somewhere for a longer time, further from home, or overnight.

Not much else happening. I feel enormous. I am tired of my clothes and the fact that nothing really fits very well anymore, and that I have 2 pairs of pants that are comfortable and don't care to try any others. It's too late now to buy new clothes, so I'm just dealing with it - I just have to do laundry more often. I have to go to the bathroom all the time. I think my life savings is being whittled away on toilet paper.

Sam seems to be doing fine, he's still moving and shaking in there. My next doctor appointment is Tuesday afternoon. I don't expect any progress. I haven't had any contractions that I've felt yet, not even braxton hicks.

There are only 2 weeks left until Sam is due, and I am starting to get really nervous. Only now I am not just nervous about the actual birth, but also about the fact that in 2 weeks I am going to have a BABY and I'm going to have to take care of it and raise it. AGH! Is it too late to change my mind? Just kidding... I would not change my mind. It's funny how insanely life changing and scary it is though. I guess all parents probably feel this way. That's life. I know everything will be fine. Even if somehow I was lacking in the parenting area, Justin won't be. He is great with kids and knows what he's doing. I wonder if he thinks the same thing about me though?

All else is well. I feel like we have what we need. The diapers arrive Thursday. I'm going to try and get the rest of the little things left on my to-do list done in the next 2-3 days with Justin's help so that for the rest of the time I can TRY to relax and not worry about things being ready. Well, I am hungry, so I'm going to get a snack before I get ready to go to brunch! I'll update again soon.

No comments: