April 23, 2006

T Minus 9 Days!

Time for another update! It's 10 pm 9 days before Sam is DUE to join us! I'm pretty tired - the last 24 hours have been busy!

Last night we babysat Seamus & Lorelai overnight so Brooke & Dave could have a kidless fun night out for their anniversary. It was part of the Christmas present I gave Brooke, and I told her that it would expire May 2! No problems there - they're so easy to babysit, good kids. They stayed up late, which was fine since we're up late anyway, but once they were asleep we got sucked into some silly TV shows (dang TLC!) and ended up not going to bed until almost 3. Then just because we are so spoiled by our bed, and because we were away from home and I don't even sleep that well at home anymore, neither one of us got much good sleep.

We thought we'd come home today and be able to nap, but when we got home, Justin's laptop had crashed. It was sitting on the desk saying it couldn't reboot because of a corrupt file or a missing file, so we had to take it to Best Buy to get looked and and ended up being out for four+ hours shopping and stuff. We finally got home and Justin made dinner, and now he's working and we're watching TV.

I posted a new picture to the photo album when we got home, so check it out. I feel enormous, but I guess that's to be expected at some point. I don't know why, but in the last week I have actually been doing a lot more walking around, so that should help move things along. Justin tried to make me climb a flight of stairs today so I would go into labor. HA!

We're sort of just in a holding pattern right now. Not much left to do except wait! We have most stuff ready, I have one more load of laundry to do, but that's it. Everything is set up and we just need to practice with the car seat a little (although since we'll just be using the infant seat/carrier at first it's a lot easier to take in and out), and set up the co-sleeper that Tara lent us to decide if we want to use it. It's another piece of furniture in the bedroom, but we'll see how we feel when it's the middle of the night and the baby's up. It might be worth it to have him closer to our bed since we don't really want him to be sleeping in the bed with us. Our diapers got delivered on Thursday so we're all stocked up and just have to call to start up the weekly delivery after Sam gets here!

We are both very excited and nervous, and everything else. We can't wait to meet Sam, and I do feel a little more ready than I did after my doctor appointment last week. I guess now that it's sunk in that it's really coming soon, I have to get used to it! I'm still scared of labor, but I am trying not to think about it since there is nothing I can do about it!

Tomorrow Mom is stopping by on her way back from Tacoma to visit, and that will probably be the last time we see her before the baby comes! Crazy. Well, I think that's all for now, my back is starting to hurt from sitting at this computer. My next doctor appointment is Tuesday afternoon, so if not before, I will post another update then!

No comments: