February 22, 2006

30 Weeks!

I seriously cannot believe that there are only 10 more weeks to go! Crazy. I am really starting to feel like I want to get the house in order. I can't do a whole lot more right now though. We need to get the dresser, and we're waiting for the store to get more in. Other than that, I think that it's better to wait until after the baby shower to shop for stuff. I know I have the whole month of April to get ready, so there's nothing to worry about. I cleaned out my closet this weekend and took 4 bags of clothes and a bag of shoes and donated them to Value Village.

I had my 30 week doctor appointment yesterday. Everything is good! My stomach is measuring 30-31 cm, which is right on target. I gained 1.5 pounds, which seemed fine to the doctor. They found the baby's heart rate easily this time, and it's still 150. I feel Sam move all the time now. Last week he decided that it would be fun to periodically kick me on the inside of my left hip. That feels reaaaaly good.... not. But it's okay because I love feeling him move all the time. I am completely amazed by how much space he's taking up in there!! According to the little weekly tidbits, he's probably about 15 inches long now, and 3 pounds. Crazy! I'm so excited.

Work is going okay. I have 5 more weeks until my last day. I hope that I can stay productive for that whole time. My concentration is better now, but my focus isn't great. I think that there's nothing I can do about it though. It's like a permanent change in what you are thinking about on a daily or hourly basis. Plus, things are just affecting me a little bit differently... things that I could have let go of and said ce la vie in 5 or 10 minutes before now upset me more and take me a longer time to get over. There is nothing I can do about it, so I usually try to just work on something else, but some days are hard. Last Friday I had a rough day and found myself crying in the car on the way home. Yay pregnancy hormones.

But all in all, things are great. We're happy, excited and nervous, and I think everything that we're supposed to be! Now I'm just coasting, enjoying it, and enjoying the new things that happen every week. More updates soon!

No comments: