September 22, 2011

Friday Fragments: Sick & Tired

Friday Fragments are bits and pieces of your week that are usually brief; too short for a stand-alone post, but too good to discard. Collect humorous observations, "Heard" items, and other small gems and put them together in a Friday Fragments post.

Friday Fragments are the brainchild of Mrs.4444 and you can find more at Half Past Kissin' Time.

*****

Wow, I have been a terrible blogger lately.  I'm barely managing to post once a week.  Sam's finally back in school, tomorrow will be the end of the 2nd week.  We are all REALLY tired from the adjustment to getting up every day at 6:30 (we're not really morning people).  Also, Sam brought home all the new germs from his classmates so we've been sick.  How is it that he managed to barely be sick, just some coughing, over the weekend and yet here I am feeling completely exhausted and stuffed up and generally bad, and Danny's nose is running like a faucet?!  Oh well.  It's definitely good that he didn't have to miss any school.

Soon, my Mom is going to start watching Danny once a week while Sam's at school, and I'll be able to start writing again.  I really can't wait.

*****

Toy Story vs. The Office


via Geek in Heels

*****

So, TV is back!  And if you've been around here at all, you know how I loves the TV.  I've been watching some new stuff - so far I have enjoyed New Girl, it made me laugh out loud several times.  Also, Zooey Deschanel is just flippin' adorable.  I watched Ringer with Sarah Michelle Gellar, but I'm not really sure about it yet.  I also checked out Revenge, even though I wasn't sure I wanted to.  It seems interesting, I'm a little intrigued by it.  What new shows are you watching?  Which old favorites did you enjoy this week?

I happen to be watching the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy while I type this.  SINK HOLE!?!  Love it.  I live near Seattle, and we don't have NEARLY as many disasters as they do on this show.  Good thing.  Also, gotta love Derek's response to Meredith's "I got fired."  He said "What did you think was going to happen?"  GOOD QUESTION, GREY!

*****

This is hilarious.




via MamaPop 

*****

Tomorrow, in Mt. Vernon (about 30 min south of here), they are making a 16,000 pound potato au gratin.  I might go.  I feel like I should because that is a huge dish and when am I going to get a chance to be around 400 pounds of cheese again?

*****

On Wednesday, the State of Georgia put convicted killer Troy Davis to death.  I had not heard about his case before I saw chatter online on Facebook and a few blogs.  I am anti-death penalty.  I have not always been, but changed my mind after watching Timothy McVeigh on the morning of his execution.  That day, I felt like it was absolutely wrong.  I could write a whole post about it, but I really think that Amie at If You Seek Amy said it WAY better.  Check out her thoughts about Troy Davis.

*****

And, to end on a little bit of a lighter note, here are a couple of things I've found and pinned on Pinterest lately that I love.

SO CUTE!


I want to make this SO bad.  Pumpkin Coffee Cake.


HA!


Creative, fun, gift wrapping idea.


These are so adorable, I totally need one.


A photo by the lovely Lotus.  So cool.


All right, that's all for this week!  Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

3 comments:

Karen and Gerard said...

I haven't read that book yet, maybe I should add it to my TBR list.  I enjoyed watching The Biggest Loser again but miss Jillian.  I wonder why she quit.  They made the teams up by age though this year which I don't think is really fair.  It seems the older ones are at a distinct disadvantage in the challenges.

Ann in the UP said...

I was impressed by the body count on the new show, Person of Interest.  People always seem intrigued by conspiracy theories------and this has some possibilities.  If you have a strong stomach.

I avoid the comedies.  Baseball is enough humor for me.

Teri M said...

I am watching Ringer because of SMG.  I would not have otherwise, but it is entertaining enough.  I heard The New Girl was funny so I added it to the DVR but missed the pilot.  We are adjusting to school too - I hope we are fully "adjusted" soon.