April 23, 2010

Friday Fragments

Mommy's Idea

Friday Fragments are bits and pieces of your week that are usually brief; too short for a stand-alone post, but too good to discard. Collect humorous observations, "Heard" items, and other small gems and put them together in a Friday Fragments post. Friday Fragments are the brainchild of Mrs.4444 and you can find more at Half Past Kissin' Time.

*** I've been part of a book club for a little over 6 years, and love it. The ladies in it are now some of my best friends. We meet once a month in Seattle, but this weekend they are all coming up to my neck of the woods for the annual Bellingham meeting! I am so excited to see everyone, and can't wait to get to hold my friend Tara's baby for the first time. Maybe he can convince Danny to come the heck out.

*** Speaking of which, I will be 38 weeks pregnant tomorrow, and I am SOOOOOO ready for this baby to come out! We have pretty much everything ready around here (what do you really need at first anyhow other than clothes, diapers, a car seat and possibly some formula?) and I am starting to feel anxious to meet him. We had an ultrasound on Tuesday just to check position and saw some hair (yay!). Hopefully by Sunday Danny's room will be set up, although he'll be in our room for the first few months.

*** So, somehow Sam is really into Legos, and he wants them bad. But 5 minutes after I build anything he is destroying it. WHY do I bother? I don't know! He just likes them so much... Perhaps we need to bust out the superglue.

*** Justin's job is going really well. He is getting along great with his team, and I love it when he comes home and tells me about how they all went to lunch together and hung out. It's so nice seeing him in a job where he obviously really likes what he's doing and who he's working with again! Also, we signed up for all our benefits this week - in addition to health insurance, we finally have life insurance and a retirement account again. Yay!

*** I LOVE this post by Lindsay over at Suburban Turmoil about her experiences with worship, music, and most recently her daughter's first grown up church service. It moves me to tears every time I read it, and I think you should check it out!

*** Click here to see one of the coolest newborn photos I have ever seen. It makes me smile so big!

*** Also... we have been watching some stuff on Hulu on our Media Center TV and one of the things we realized while watching old Inspector Gadget episdoes with Sam?

3 comments:

Kori said...

You are on the home stretch now, my friend; I will send all the positive energy I have toward you and Danny and, of course, evryone else.

Unknown said...

wow 38 weeks thats awesome...can you believe i have never been to hulu! I gotta check out the site

enjoyed your FF

Troop Scoop said...

I found myself swimming around on Tara's site for several minutes--she is very talented; what a gift :)

Here's to a speedy two weeks!! The book club meeting should help :)

I'm happy for your husband; his situation is exactly what I hope for my husband in the coming weeks.

Thanks for joining in this week. Have a good one :)