August 30, 2007

Busy Busy Baby

Well, it's been a couple of weeks, but I'm back!

Last week was our book club summer trip. We had 6 moms and 8 kids ranging in age from 7 months to 5 years (mostly under 3.5). We rented a house right off the beach from Friday to Tuesday in Pacific Beach, which is maybe 30 minutes north of Ocean Shores. The beach was beautiful, we did have to drive to get there, but it was sandy and great. The first couple of days weren't as nice, it was really overcast on Saturday when we went to the beach, but Monday was BEAUTIFUL and we were at the beach for almost 5 hours. Everyone else left early, so at that point it was just me, Brooke, and our kiddies. Sam did really well, I had a pack and play so that I could put him down for naps and in bed at night. He woke up every night and came into the bed with me, so I didn't sleep that well, but it was good. After taking care of Sam by myself 24-7 in a non-babyproofed house with a bunch of other kids, I was exhausted and ready to be home! We have been planning a trip every summer for the last 3 years, and it's really cool to watch the kids grow up and their interactions with each other change and develop.

Sam, Kira and I leave on Friday (tomorrow) to go to New Jersey to visit my Dad, Stepmom and little Sister and see various extended family. We're going to go to the beach for a few days and this year we'll be there for my little sister Lianna's birthday on the 6th, and for her birthday party the weekend after that.

Sam is getting better at going down stairs, with help of course. For whatever reason he refuses to turn around and go down backwards, so the first time he tried to go downstairs he just sort of walked off the top step. I've seen him go down stairs at the playgrond using the railings, but he doesn't usually do that unless I'm sort of watching from afar, if someone's right next to us, he wants to hold on to both hands. He's slowly getting the hang of it, although sometimes he just lets his legs go or he tries to go down two at once.

Not much else is happening now - I'm a little scatterbrained because I'm rushing around trying to get ready to go to NJ for 11 days and take Sam on an airplane for the first time since he's started walking. Agh!

No comments: