May 29, 2007

Yay! Summer!

061

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood! Okay, well, it is dark now, but it was a beautiful day! I got up with Sam today at 8:30, which was a little bit too early for me, but hey. We ate breakfast and then I got him dressed, and looked at the weather, which said it was going to be 77 degrees today! So I decided I needed to get out of the house. I got ready and we were off by 10:00 to go visit the zoo and finally be there in time to see the baby tiger. She's 6 months old now, so she's sort of like a 'teen' tiger, and is now the size of a medium to large dog. Very cute! We had a lot of fun looking at the animals, and then we played on the grass for a while. Sam was being funny pushing his stroller all around. Then we had a treat of some ice cream, and played in the zoomazium for a couple of minutes and Sam enjoyed walking around and banging the drums.

Yesterday was actually really nice too, Mom was down visiting and we drove down to Tacoma and had lunch with Kira and then went to a really, really cool toy store and then walked around Tacoma and came back. It was nice, although I almost fell over from walking up the giant hill, the last block was particularly steep!

Tomorrow Justin and I are going to go over to Brooke and Dave's and we are going to go and see the new "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie - Dave & Justin will go while Brooke and I watch the kids, then we'll switch off and the boys will take over while we go see it. Thursday we might head down to Juanita Beach since it's supposed to be really nice for the next couple of days, and Friday Kira is coming down to babysit Sam while Justin and I go out and use the restaurant and movie gift certificates she gave him for his birthday. Sunday I have book club, and then a new week starts, and soon Justin will be off to Mexico on the church mission trip! Crazy.

No comments: