April 16, 2007

I can't believe it's been so long since I posted an update! I guess it's only been 2 weeks, but it's been so busy that I feel like it's been forever.

I'm actually at the Burbank Airport right now waiting to catch my flight home to Seattle. Brooke and I have been in Burbank since last Thursday to attend the Creation Entertainment Grand Slam Sci Fi convention. It has been a blast in so many ways, but in some ways we're also both ready to go home and see the families again.

If you're interested in reading about my adventures in Burbank this weekend - or just making fun of me or being entertained by them - please check out my MySpace blog. There's a link over there to the left right where the link to our photo page is. Speaking of which, I've also posted photos from the weekend so check those out too!

Sam is still doing great. I can't believe he is going to be one in only 2 weeks. How does time go by so fast? How did he get so big? He took four steps on Thursday night (while I was away from home of course). It might have just been a fluke, but it means that he's building his confidence to start taking more steps on his own. I'd give it another month, possibly 2, before he's walking full speed ahead!

He is also starting to do what I think of as "pre-talking". He is starting to sometimes repeat back sounds that definitely sound like words. The two I've heard him say so far are cat and ball. He isn't talking really, but you can hear that he's starting to get it and make word-like sounds. It's very exciting!

One of Sam's favorite games to play right now is the "Thank You" game. It basically consists of him giving you what he's holding (could be a toy or a pacified or whatever) and then you take it and say "Thank You!" and then give it back. Rinse and Repeat. It can go on for several minutes, but that's okay because I figure that it's the beginning of teaching him to say Thank You! Plus he enjoys it a lot.

Not much else new that I can think of right now! I will post again soon!

No comments: